Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cain and Notation

I found the article by Cain to be very interesting. The data shows how society in entirety is not reading books or anything anymore. I believe this shift to be a cause of TV and the internet. The internet provides people with all the information they need instead of reading to find it out. TV provides the entertainment that people crave instead of the entertainment they had found in books for ages past. Time will only tell what will happen to books and articles for the age of pen and paper are falling behind where the age of electronics is taking over.

The notation system is something i have not used yet. I have my own system that has worked for me and I am reluctant to try a newer system.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you in the part that technology has play a vital role in people reading less, Hopefully people are using other means. But if we look at this in the environmentalist point of view less paper, more internet, its something good.

    ReplyDelete